Perks of being pregnant

This past weekend, I've started to realize I'm starting to feel normal and not as pregnant. Well with the exception of my growing belly. I've heard of women feeling this way as they enter the 2nd trimester. I'm sure this will be a short lived feeling. But for now I've realized I'm getting less morning sickness, less nausea, less tired which is nice. I was great to spend the day cleaning my house without wanting to take a three hour nap in the middle of the day. Though I take that back because now I feel really tired, and can use a nap, but at least its almost 7:00 and I got my cleaning all done. So at least my energy lasted me this long.

So as my morning sickness is slowly starting to fade away, (thank God) I've started to think of the perks of being pregnant. I know on this blog I complain a lot about the downfalls of pregnancy. But I'm really not as bitter as I sound I really am very happy to be pregnant, and know the end result will bring a great bundle of joy. So it is totally worth it.

I've came up with 10 perks of why it is great to be pregnant:
1) No periods for nine months. It is wonderful not to have to use pads and tampons. I feel like I've been saving money already not having to use them! I secretly snicker when people I know complain that they are on their periods. (I know that's not very nice but, it's great monthly gift that I'm so glad I'm not receiving right now) It's just fabulous not to have to deal with terrible acne, terrible cramps, and a bloody mess for awhile.

2) I don't have to change the litter box. Though the box has been getting changed less often because it's like pulling teeth to get Matt to change it, its great that I don't have to worry about it. (Don't worry, Marco now has two litter boxes, so we can leave them dirtier a little longer)

3)I have a clear zit free face, and my complexion looks wonderful! Pre-Pregnancy, my face looked like a thirteen year old still. I thought getting older would make my terrible acne fade away, but no such luck. With a terrible zitty face and just a splotchy red complexion, I rarely would leave the house without makeup. But now my face is looking gorgeous. Very little acne, very little redness, and my face is glowing. This weekend I didn't even wear makeup when I went out. My face is looking so good, I'm actually not afraid to leave the house without makeup. Pregnancy has done wonders to my face!

4) People won't let me lift heavy things. Apparently being pregnant makes me helpless and unable to lift even a small cardboard box. But I won't complain. I know pregnant women shouldn't lift up heavy things. Though pregnant mothers who have to lug around a 20 pound child seem to be fine carrying something heavy. But whatever. It's nice when people come out of no where to make sure I don't have to carry something heavy.

5)Maternity Clothes are 20 times more comfortable then regular clothes. I've think I've said that before, but gosh are they so comfortable! It's nice to wear something stretchy around the waistband area. I must say I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm not pregnant. I'll be sad when I can't wear pregnancy pants anymore. Unless I just do anyways and not tell people. hehe..

6) I like having an excuse to eat ice cream without feeling bad about it. Now I know that being pregnant doesn't give me a free ticket to engorge myself like a glutton. But I've been having terrible ice cream cravings, and I figured at least ice cream has calcium in it. It's wonderful not being judged by others when I eat ice cream. I get a lot of "Oh it's ok, you're pregnant." Don't worry I'm not eating like 10 servings of ice cream in a day. Though
Usually its one serving, but I've been almost eating ice cream everyday. Umm ice cream.

7)I get special treatment Not that being pregnant makes me completely helpless though I must say I enjoy the special treatment I get because I'm pregnant. Maybe that makes me sound like a narcissist but oh well. Now that I'm pregnant, people are more concerned about my well being, they are more nicer, and just generally make me feel special. It's nice :)

8)I enjoy the nice healthy shiny hair and long nails. Even though currently my nails are short because they like to break at once. It's nice having longer nails, and shiny pretty hair. Even though I hate taking prenatal vitamins because they never seem to stay down, they definitely make my hair look long and pretty. :)

9)I'm saving money on not drinking alcoholic beverages. Not that I'm an alcoholic, but I like buying Malted beverages on occasions, and getting drinks when I go out with friends. And since I can't drink, I have to at least look at the flip side of it. That at least its saving me money. It cost like 8 bucks for a six pack of Mike's Hard lemonade and six bucks for a mix drink. This adds up over time. So it's nice to save money at least somewhere.

10) I love all the planning that goes along with having a baby. For those of you who know me, I'm a planner. I neurotic when it comes to plans. And so far I'm loving the planning process of having a baby. I love making lists and figuring out everything I need to do. I love that I get to pick out a baby name, figure out what the baby's room will look like, go shopping and pick out things for the baby like a baby bed, stroller, etc. Like planning for my birth plan, and after birth. Planning is one of my favorite things to do. And I love planning the arrival of baby Herman.

So being pregnant isn't that bad. I'm happy I was able to come up with 10 things! I'm not going to lie, I had a hard time thinking up the last three things, but there are some definite upsides of pregnancy. And the best part of it, is having a baby of course!

So to end this blog is a picture of my baby bump taken yesterday, I'm 12 weeks, 5 days in this picture. I was trying to be funny when Matt took the picture and had a really stupid look on my face. lol.


Comments

Popular Posts