I have already posted about Grant's birthday. But I have not had a chance to talk about in general about Grant being a year old! I can't believe he is a year old. The more I look at him the more he looks less like a baby and more like a little toddler. As you can see Grant has grown quite a bit in the last 12 months! Mr. Kangaroo started out the same size as Grant. But now Grant is four times bigger then Mr. Kangaroo!
So here are some stats on Grant:
When he was born he was: 5 pounds and 13 oz. and 20 1/4 inches
Now: 19 pounds and 13 oz. 29 3/4 inches.
Grant is still a little peanut for his weight. When he was first born, he was like 5 percentile for his weight. And then he caught up and was in the 40 percentile. Now his weight gain has slowed down, and he is back in the 10 percentile for his weight. But in the 50 percentile for his height. The doctor wasn't too concern. But considering Grant has grown quite a bit considering how small he was when he was first born!
|Look how itty bitty Grant was when he was a 1 week old!|
On another great not I have been Breastfeeding for a whole year! Yay! I'm so happy to have made it for a year, and would like to continue until Grant self weans.
Here are some things that Grant can do::
- Take 3-4 steps on his own unassisted
- Cruise around walls, objects, and anything he can put his hands on.
- Stand up unassisted without holding anything for a couple of minutes.
- Push a walked around, and walk with it around the house.
- Attempts to do a somersault (I think he is trying to figure out how to stand up on his own, but he gets in a somersault stance) and it's the silliest thing to watch
- Likes to take his shoes, socks, and pants off all the time.
- Has a new fascination with wanting to drop items in the toilet. This morning Grant dropped a bottle of my eye makeup removal in there.
- Says "dadda","yeah", "good", and apparently "mama" but everyone else keeps hearing him say it, but I always miss it :(
- Love to get into cabinets, and take everything out of it. His favorite cabinet to get into is the one with my breast pump parts, bottles, and other plastic containers.
- Sleep is getting better, has been going to be around 8:00! And if I get lucky sometimes 7:30. But still likes to wake up at 6:00 am. Regardless of what time he goes to bed :(
- Knows how to use a computer mouse already and knows that the arrow on the screen moves if he moves the mouse.
- Know how to point the tv remote at the tv.
- Likes to bark at the neighbor's dog.
- Favorite thing to get into is the baskets of diapers, books, and bibs that are in his changing table shelves.
- Favorite shows are Mickey's Clubhouse, Sesame Street, and YaGabba. (That show is so strange)
- His favorite bedtime pal is "My Pal Scout". (Such a great toy to put Grant to sleep every night)
- Grant has 6 teeth currently! 4 on top and 2 on the bottom.
- Grant likes to squeal very loudly when he is really excited.
- Grant loves to eat, his favorite foods are bananas, chilli, roast beef, peas, corn, and crackers.
- He is very playful and loves to play with other kids his age.
|Such a big boy!|
The things Grant can do amazes me, and makes me laugh. He is such a funny little boy! He loves to explore and get into things. Who knows what year 1 to 2 will bring!