Tis the pregnant season

Pregnancy is giving me a big headache literally. I've had a terrible headache all day long that has not gone away. Which I think is accounted for the lovely high blood pressure I been having. Thanks a lot heredity. Apparently high blood pressure runs in the family. Because of my wonderful high blood pressure, I get to have non-stress test done twice a week until delivery. The doctor checked me for preeclampsia, and luckily my levels are good, and not showing preeclampsia, which is good. So when I heard this news, I thought maybe I would get out of having to take the non-stress tests. So I called the doctor to find out, that unfortunately I still need to get the non-stress tests done because my blood pressure is so high. And if I would have showed up having high levels for preeclampsia, then he said he would have sent me to labor and delivery and they would have possibly induced me to have the baby. When I heard that it scared the crap out of me and made me realize how serious this high pressure business really is.

The doctor told me to help with the blood pressure, I need to eat healthier. Of course it being the Christmas season, is the worse possible time to be asked to eat healthy. So this past week has been really hard as large amount of fudge, cookies, cheesecakes, and other fattening foods have been surrounding me, mocking me. I will say I've been fairly good with not eating bad foods. For me usually around the holidays I have no self control and can't stop eating everything in site. But knowing that this is all in the good health of little baby, I've actually found it easy not to overindulge. And having Matt patrol my eating habits has also helped as well.

Sadly, I was more anxious and excited for today then I was for Christmas. Mainly because today was the first day of my non-stress test. And I was just so nervous how the outcome of the non-stress test would turn out. I was so glad when today finally came! And depressed when I went on the scale. I think swelling is getting worse, because I really don't understand how I've gained as much as I have. After-all my fingers officially look like sausages, I have club feet. My ankles look bigger than when I broke my ankle. (A boy when I did that my ankle was three times the size of my ankle normally) And my legs like blown up balloons. So when I went on the scale today, I about died, as it said 199 pounds. So I've pretty much gained 45 pounds give or take, at this point with still 8 weeks to go. :( But anyways the non-stress test went really well. Blood pressure was still really high, but the heart-rate of the baby is looking good. I was so relieved. I was so nervous that they were going to send me to the hospital. So I'm glad that the baby is doing well, and I could enjoy the rest of my day. Though I'm not out of the clear yet, I have to basically keep doing these tests twice a week until delivery. The doctor said at this point since my blood pressure is high that I'll have to be delivered at 39 weeks.

Now next week I'm nervous for my ultrasound. They want to make sure the baby is where he needs to be growth wise, and that the high blood pressure is not effecting his growth. So I hope everything turns out really good. I know worrying doesn't help the blood pressure. So I'm glad I'm off from work this week. And I'm just trying to take an easy and relax.

I never realize how pregnancy could be so scary and troublesome. I always said I wanted to have like 4 or 5 kids. But that won't happen because Matt doesn't want that many. But even if he did want that many, I would definitely rethink that, because if I had to go through this fun adventure another 4 times, I don't think my body could handle that.

Overall my pregnancy has been generally good. It's just been kind of tough the last few weeks, and there's still about 8 well maybe 7 weeks to go. Hopefully my little baby will stay in there the entire 7 weeks. I don't want him to come out too early.

Comments

Popular Posts