2011 Reflections!

As the year is nearly over, (which I still can't believe how quickly this year has gone by!)and my pregnancy is coming closer and closer to an end (I only have about 7 more weeks left!) I want to take a moment to reflect the joys and anguishes of pregnancy. I know I complain a lot about being pregnant, but really it is not as terrible as I make it out to be sometimes. I just like to pity myself at time.

First off this year has been wonderful! I feel like the first half of the year was a blur and it really began when I found out I was pregnant. Not that from January to June was terrible, it just wasn't that exciting. I think I was so anxious about trying to get pregnant during those months, that it all started to blend together. So I was so surprised when I found out I was pregnant. I couldn't believe it! The moment itself was so surreal. And it still is to me. I still can't get over the fact that my baby was as small as a tiny jelly bean well actually even smaller then that at one point, and now he's like 4 pounds and about 17 inches long. It just blows my mind how big he is already, and how he moves around in my belly. I still can't get over it. And it's really going to be surreal when he is born. I still can't believe this year has gone by so fast and my pregnancy. My baby will be here before I know it! And I don't feel completely prepare yet. I feel like I've been slacking in some scepters like finding a pediatrician and get the baby's room together. Though mentally I'm ready to be a mom, so that is good, and we pretty much have everything else ready.

So other great things of 2011:
*My youngest brother Derrick graduated from High School, I can't believe my little brother graduated, he is growing up!
*My niece Leah was born in June, which is my brother's second kid.
*Found out my Sister in Law (Matt's sister) is also expecting and they are having a boy. So my baby and her baby can be little fun cousin friends!
*Derrick went to the Navy and went to basic training. We didn't get to see him for Thanksgiving or Christmas, but I'm so proud of him. He graduates from basic training next week, and then he is off to South Carolina for two years.

That pretty much sums up the great joys of 2011. If I forgotten something please forgive me. I blame pregnancy brain.

So to end my pregnancy reflections for 2011, here are my top 5 reasons why I love being pregnant:

1) People are nicer and more helpful, when you're pregnant.
2) No zits! I know this doesn't happen to all pregnant women, but as soon as I became pregnant, it seems like my zits have mysteriously vanished. So I won't complained.
3) No heartburn! Again this usually doesn't happen to pregnant women. But lucky me who use to get heartburn all the time before I was pregnant, has not had heartburn at all! I don't know why, but again I won't complain.
4) I love the connection I have with my baby. It's going to be weird when he is born. I know I have a different connection with him outside the womb. I guess what I'm trying to say is it is going to be weird when he is no longer in my womb. The sensation of him moving around will be gone, but it's even better because he's there to cuddle and love. But I must say I've become quite attached to him. I love watching my entire stomach rumble when he moves. I have this new fascination with just lifting up my shirt, and watching a little bump move around in my belly. It's so cool to watch!
5) Being pregnant is a nice excuse to be lazy sometimes or get out of certain tasks. Not that I'm lazy, but it is nice to get out of doing certain things, because I'm pregnant. I'm going to be really sad when the special treatment ceases once I have the baby.

Here are 5 things I do not like about being pregnant:(which some of these reasons may make me sound vain, but oh well)
1) Weight Gain. I know weight gain is part of being pregnant. But I'm getting sad because my weight gain seems like way more then most women gain. I really think a lot of it is water weight and from my swelling. Because I really don't see how I've gained about 45 pounds already. So I'm hoping it will be easy to lose most of it after pregnancy. I get sick when I hear people only gain about 15 pounds from being pregnant. This girl I worked with who just had a baby about a month ago, only gained like a total of 10 pounds during her entire pregnancy. She didn't really show until the last few weeks of her pregnancy. Jealousy.
2) The Stretch Marks-Ok I know these things are the scars of pregnancy,that all mothers should wear proudly, but I hate stretch marks! I know they will fade away, but right now it seriously looks like a bear clawed my stomach, the way the stretch marks are. And I know it doesn't really mater. As my mom has told me, "Who is going to see your belly?" Which is no one other than Matt. Because it's not like I wear a bikini or flaunt my belly around in public. But still the stretch marks suck.
3) The constant worrying- I know this will not go away when I have my baby. But the constant worrying of my pregnancy never stops. I though maybe it would, but it only gets worse. Last week, I was convinced my water broke and was freaking out. Matt pointed out to me that I didn't pay much attention at the labor class we attended, and that I was overreacting. Which I was. My water did not break, and everything was perfectly fine. I thought after the first trimester, once I got out of chances of miscarriages happening that I would worry less. But no, now my worries are that I may have the baby too early. So every weird pain I have, I start to freak out a little thinking I may be having a contraction. It doesn't help that this is my first pregnancy, and I have no idea what to expect. I hope this worrying dwindles when I'm pregnant with my second child. Maybe then when I actually know what to expect since I've done it once already, that I'll be less of a worry wart. Well probably not. Who am I kidding? I'm so melodramatic.
4) Everything hurts. My bones are achy. It hurts to put on my pants. It hurts to bend over. It hurts to move.
5) Everything is swollen. My fingers are huge and I have club feet. My mom gave me a bracelet for Christmas, and sadly it was too tight for my pregnant wrist. I really miss my wedding ring too.

Pregnancy isn't terrible. Overall I've had a pretty good pregnancy, and I'm so excited to be a mom. 2011 brought me wonderful things, and I hope 2012 will be even better!

Comments

Popular Posts