I'm getting excited that my blog is starting to get noticed by more and more people. I had a wonderful gal nominate me for the Liebster Award, which is basically a great way for other bloggers to share other great blogs and help each other grow their blog audiences! Thank you to Elizabeth and her blog 2 Love Birds Building a Nest (love her blog background) for the Liebster Award. :)
Edit- I guess I need to add a thanks to Ali. She just posted her blog and also nominated me! Check her blog out: Chasing Moonlight and Roses. It's a great blog and read!
So what is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award nomination goes to those bloggers who have a following of less than 200 to promote other bloggers to comment and share - even get to know each other! I think this is great, because it gives you the potential to gather a larger following! If you get nominated, you cannot nominate the person who nominated you (No tagbacks!).
The point of the Liebster Award is to answer questions, tell 11 secrets about yourself, and nominate 11 other bloggers who fit the criteria. Here it goes!
11 Things About Me
(I'll try to make these a big surprise for the people who know me quite well who read this blog)
- I like to write poetry.
- I love doing Logic Puzzles, word puzzles, and Sudoku on my spare time
- I have an extreme fear of Aliens.
- Over 60 percent of my wardrobe is some shade of blue.
- I am extremely clumsy and break/spill things on a regular basis, I usually break one of my dishes (glasses, plates, etc) accidentally at LEAST once a month, if not more.
- I chew on pens without even realizing it half the time. It's one of my worse habits. I have a whole desk with chewed up pens. I have accidentally chewed on other people's pens without realizing it.
- I use to hate drinking beer, I couldn't stand the taste of it, but ever since having Grant, I absolutely love the taste of beer, and get thirsty for it. And I can't stand the taste of hard liquor anymore, when mix drinks use to be my poison.
- I'm a movie snob, since I use to work at Blockbuster, I've seen hundred's of movies, and I have a set a high bar to like a movie now. I don't like too many movies anymore, they all seem the same. And I'm getting sick of remakes of movies. Seriously why keep re-hashing the same movie over and over again?
- I terrible at cooking dinner. I have burnt many meals, and following recipes seems to fail me, mainly because I read them too quickly and miss an important step in the recipe.
- I really want a tattoo, I've had an fascination with them but know Matt would never let me get one. And I could see my parents freaking out over that one.
- I'm obsessed with Paul Rudd, he is so hot, and adorable.
- What is your favorite color and why? Blue, because there are SO many shades that blue comes in, and I love absolutely every single shade of it. Can't say the same for the other colors.
- So, you have a blog. Why? I love to write, I find blogging a great way to express myself, and a great way to share my experience, musings and frustrations on life and motherhood.
- What is your goal for this year? Not really sure I all honesty. Trying not to break any bones.
- What is the best song to describe your mood today? Bored by Deftones
- Who are the 3 most important people in your life and why? Matthew- my Husband, Grant, and oh gosh, I don't know if I can pick just one other person, if I do that, then it would look like I have favoritism. Can I just lump my parents into one person? lol And why are they important? Well I think that is obvious :)
- How did you meet your significant other? On Catholicmatch.com
- If there was a $100 bill laying on the ground, would you take it? I would try to find the owner of it if it was at a place where I can do that. I have found a 20 dollar bill once and turned it in.
- Compare yourself to your 15 year old self. What would you tell him/her? It will get so much better in 10 years. Trust me.
- What is your worst vice? Too many things. Butter salty popcorn.
- Take your age and double it. Where do you see yourself at that age? Gosh, I sound so old if I double my age! I would be semi-close to retiring. I would see myself being happy, watching my kids grow up, and enjoying my time with Matt because hopefully they will be out of the house by then.
- What is the best life advice you can give your followers? Everyone is going to have their opinions about your marriage/relationship, how to raise your child, or live your life. Take it with a grain of salt, and do what YOU feel is best. Go with your gut.
11 Questions for You
1) What is your favorite quote?
2) What are 5 things your can't live without?
3) Least favorite chore?
4) What is your favorite blog entry, you ever posted? Post it here:
5) What is the one song you could play over and over again, and not get sick of?
6) What is your next vacation spot?
7) If you had to live on one food for the rest of your life, what would that one food be?
8) What year was the best year of your life? Why?
9) Favorite blog of all time? That is not one that you nominated
10) Biggest pet peeve?
11) What thing do you splurge on yourself?
And the nomination goes to:
The top 11 blogs I have chosen, I'll try to chose ones that haven't been already nominated by someone else!
1)Confessions of a Cashew Annie- I know the author personally, and I absolutely love her blog. It's honest, raw, and I love her cynicism.
2) AG's Adventures in the Peach Corps Grace-Another person I absolutely adore and know personally. She hasn't updated her blog for awhile, but understandable considering she is currently in the Peace Corps, and in Morocco! I love her writing. So elegant.
3)Every Little Beautiful Pieces-Ashley-Love her blog, and pictures of her cute family! She is a great writer
4)A Fraction of the Whole Jamie- Her little baby is so cute, and love reading the updates on her little guy!
5) Allyson & Co Allyson- She just started this blog recently. But even though it is a newer blog, she definitely could get some recognition. I love her blog so far, she's great at blogging!
6) Life of The Lasseter's Nikki- Love her background of the blog, and of course the content. Another one I love seeing updates of.
7) 1+1=4 Megan- Love her blog and all the cute pictures she post of her family!
8) Letters to Wyatt Jessica- I love that she writes weekly letters to her adorable son! He is so stinking cute, I just want to squish him.
9)A Whole Lotta Somethin' Amanda- I love all the recipes she makes. Her food looks so yummy, I want to pull it off the computer scream and eat it. lol
10) A classy Gal
Jenna- This is my husband's cousin. She actually hasn't updated her blog in a long time, but I love it, and I think you should continuing blogging if you can find the time. Cough.. Cough.. You're blog is so fun! It has a little bit of everything in it. I know you're busy with school but you should update your blog. I want more fun! :)
11) love like you've never been hurt Britt- I love her blog, and her journey in motherhood, and her little girl is so cute.