Grant verses Kitty

In my blog that I wrote in May, Now that there is a baby, pets are second fiddles I talk about how my furchild Marco is no longer the one who gets all the attention now that I have a baby. And I mention my fear of what it would be like when Grant starts being mobile with having a cat. Well the time has come, Grant started crawling this past week. But even before he was crawling, and when he started to figure out how to roll around all over the place, Grant discovered kitty. Poor Marco now gets his tail yanked on, his fur pulled out, and the top of his head messed with.

Right now I would say Marco and Grant is at the same intelligence level. Soon Grant will pass Marco up. Though one think Marco knows that Grant does not, is he understands what no mean and when he is doing something he is not suppose to be doing. Like going on the table and trying to drink tea, as soon as I discover my bad cat on the table, he instantly gets off and knows he has been caught. Now that Grant started crawling he has a fascination with crawling over to our end table and trying to grab my ceramic pumpkin. As soon as I move him away from it, he starts crawling back to it. We say "No, No Grant," but he just laughs at me.

Now that Grant is a crawling, he does things like kitty. When I make dinner, sometimes Marco likes reaching for my leg, and trying to get my attention. Grant does the same thing. I made dinner tonight, and there goes Grant crawling to my legs and reaching out for them. It's funny, I feel like I have two people to have to worry about getting into trouble. Kitty and Grant.  Grant and Marco are also interested in each others toys. I am constantly taking away Grant's toys away from Marco. Apparently Marco finds Grant's toys more fascinating. He loves playing with Grant's shapes with his shape's box. Marco also likes to hid Grant's toy's. I keep finding a collection of Grant's toys in the basement and behind the TV.

It's my toy, not yours!
Marco likes hiding Grant's toys

Grant has loves pulling Marco's tale and his fur. Luckily Marco doesn't mind much. He just lets Grant do it. I think deep down inside Marco enjoys Grant torturing him. Sometimes it seems like Marco intentionally gets near Grant just so Grant will annoy him.


I like to annoy kitty!

Grant and Marco are fun friends. They definitely keep me on my toes. It will be interesting when Grant is bigger than Marco, and when he starts walking. Right now it's funny because they are about the same size, same level crawling around, and same intelligence level. How I love my cute little buddy and my furry little guy!

Comments

  1. This is so cute! I do wonder how Forrest will react to our cats and dog when he is mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny! Abi has a fascination with our cat Snoopy, she'll stop whatever she's doing to just stare at her when Snoopy comes into her line of sight. Abi isn't crawling yet, but I fear for Snoopy when she does! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute!! Cole chases our dog all around the house now...poor thing just can`t get away

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts