The evolution of pregnancy Cravings

It's interesting how this pregnancy I have had an array of different pregnancy cravings. I feel like I've gone through phases of cravings where I have liked a different food for each trimester. I guess I was that way when I was pregnant with Grant. The big thing I craved towards the end of my pregnancy  was cheese and crackers. It was ridiculous that I ate literally a block of cheese within a couple of days.

With this pregnancy I've haven't been obsessed with cheese. But a different barrage of food that doesn't really make sense. I guess after craving it so much I got sick of it and progressed to something else.

Here is the list of foods that I have craved, from the beginning until now:
  • Broccoli cheddar soup from Panera (couldn't get enough of that for the first month of pregnancy)
  • Mexican food- Fajitas and Hot head Burrito- I would eat it to the point of 2-3 times week, now not as much but I'm still like the occassional Mexican dish :)
  • Mcdonalds Bacon Egg McMuffin Sandwiches with hashbrowns (I had a two month obsession of that in the second trimester)
  •  Coke Cola- Plain Coke, which is weird for me considering I don't even like plain coke
  • Skyline chilli  
  •  Pancakes (which I like pancakes but not that often. I've been making them 2-3 times a week.)
  •  Boston Stoker's Highland Grogg Latte (which I think this craving was short lived considering I got sick the other day from drinking it, and not really feeling like ever drinking it again)                        
And my latest new obsession- is chocolate chip cookie bars

I've been developing a hankering for  a cookie bar, so last week in the store I bought all kinds of baking chips- white chocolate, peanut butter and chocolate chips.

I tried to make to make this microwave cookie in a mug one night, because I really wanted cookie BADLY but didn't feel like spending all this time to make it. So I found this recipe:

 Mircowave cookie:


But it sadly turned out disastrous because I didn't have an egg yolk separator and ended up using a whole egg and made it cakey like and not like a cookie.

So this past Monday, I made this yummy cookie pie:



It's delicious! I didn't use M&Ms but I did use chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. It's pretty much all gone already and I made it on Monday. It really helped fulfill my pregnancy craving! Pregnant or not I suggest making this yummy cookie pie. I'm probably going to make another one, maybe with M&Ms this time or another yummy add-in.

Pregnancy cravings are so fun! Being pregnant gives me a great excuse to keep eating the same food over and over again.

It's funny my pregnancy cravings started with cheddar soup and now I ended up craving cookies! The evolution of pregnancy cravings is so strange and funny.

Comments

Popular Posts