The second time around

I know some moms when they have their second child, they may say, "Well this time around, I'm going to do this and that. I'm not going to do what I did with my first child". I've been thinking about this a lot. Being the oldest child, I always call myself the experiment child, which makes my mother extremely mad. I always thought my brothers somehow got the better parenting and that they realize oh, this didn't work with you, so we need to make sure we don't do that with them. But in all actuality, I really don't think I was the "experiment" child as I called it. Really what I've come to realize, is that every kid is different, and every kid is going to get parented differently. So sorry, mom for insulting your parenting skills and calling myself an experiment child. I really was not. It appeared that way to me, but now that I am a parent myself, I realize that parenting is a learning curve. One size doesn't fit all, even when you have multiple children. So when I found out I was pregnant with number two, in all honesty, I can't think of a single thing that I will say I won't do this time with baby number two. Not that I was the perfect parent with Grant, but I've realized what may have worked with Grant may not work at all with this baby. What didn't work with Grant may work with this baby. So for me to say, with this baby I won't do x, x, and x, would really be a mute point. I've learned with Grant that you can't have certain expectations as a parent. I remember having this giant list of things that I claimed I never would do when I had kids. But here I am as a parent, finding myself doing everything I said I wasn't going to do. Because the thing is saying something and actually experiencing it are completely two different things. Just like this second pregnancy, it's completely different than the first.

For this pregnancy so far the second time around is definitely different! With Grant my food aversions was salad, and Chinese food. I was obsessed with cheese, milkshakes, and fries. (Everything unhealthy minus the cheese I guess) With this pregnancy I hate anything with chocolate in it, it makes me feel sick afterwards. Which saddens me because I love chocolate :( Another aversion I'm having is with beef and pork. The beef aversion is passing, but as for the pork aversion, I still have no desire to eat pork. As for cravings I've been obsessed with Mexican food, rice bowls from Hot Head Burrito and Chipolte, have been my loves. I've been eating there once or twice a week now, it's ridiculous. I'm also obsessed with egg, cheese, and bacon biscuit from McDonalds. It's so delicious to me right now! Cravings are so weird to me, especially how they are completely different with each pregnancy.

One great this with this pregnancy, is I haven't gain any weight so far. Which is surprising considering I think I already gained 10 pounds at this point in my pregnancy with Grant. Hopefully my weight gain will be minimal since I gained 55 pounds with Grant. My pants fit me still, but I've been wearing maternity pants already, mainly because they are so comfortable, and I want an excuse to wear them. My shirts have been tighter already though. I've been showing really early this time around!

Morning sickness hasn't been too terrible. I think it's been about the same level as what it was with Grant. I felt like the morning sickness started really early with this pregnancy though! My morning sickness is starting to subside now, that I'm starting to feel more hungry now. Hopefully I won't start gaining weight!

I'm excited to be expecting again and experience pregnancy the second time around. Who knows what this pregnancy will bring this time, and who knows how this baby will be. Hopefully this baby will like sleep better unlike Grant, who hates sleep. :)


Comments

  1. I'm calling a girl this time around! Beef - and most meat in general - was my hugest aversion with Presley! :) and the morning sickness sounds familiar too! And I still wear maternity pants every so often if I'm having an extra fat day! Hahahaha! Not a proud moment but hey who is it hurting!? ;) so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts