My mini me

It has been way too long since I have updated with a new blog entry! I never have anytime to update this blog anymore. Things have been so crazy as usual! My children keep me on my toes. I wish I had more time in a day. But anyways, this entry is dedicated to my mini me, Grant.

Grant has my looks down, the perfect eye roll


And the mischievous grin

 As older as Grant gets, the more and more her reminds me of me. Not only does he look like me, but boy does he act like me. Now that he can articulate himself more and communicate better, I have more moments, where I think to myself, "oh my God, I would say something like that." It's a good moment of self awareness when you see yourself in a form of a three year old. It makes you realize how ridiculous you may be about certain things in life. For example, about a month ago, we asked Grant to try a food from his lunch. He refused. He decided he didn't like it. We said "Grant you need to try at least one bit." He threw a big fit about it. Finally he decided to have a bit, but when he did, you would have thought he was dying. He freaked out, and spit it out and said, "Ewie, Ewie, Ewie." At that moment of how ridiculous he was acting, it was a sad moment of realization, that oh man, I have acted that way as a grown adult over food before. (Which is really sad that I am admitting this, but I hate trying new food. I get it in my head that I don't want to try it and sometimes act a little ridiculous about it if Matt wants me to try something new.) It's never good to see yourself in a true light in a form of a three year old. It's a good awakening of self awareness. That's for sure.

Grant is so sassy with his words. When he says something, I think to myself, that is something I would say. He does this funny thing where he goes, "Ugh.. Holly took my toy," or "Ugh.. I want my chocolate milk."..."Ugh!!" At first, I thought where did he pick that up from? Then one day I got mad about something and found myself saying, "Ugh!" just like how Grant does it. I realized, oh man, Grant picked that up from me, and I do say, "Ugh" quite a bit. It is amazing how kids pick things up that you say.

It's nice, funny and scary at times to have a mini me. Grant makes me smile everyday. The things he says and does, reminds me of myself. It's so funny to see a version of yourself in a form of a three year old and watch them grow.


Me with my brother Nick, when I was about three years old.

Look at that face of mine, Grant has such a Megan face. :)




Always sassy

Comments

Popular Posts