Happy Mothers Day!

Today I am celebrating my third Mother's day as a mom. Every time I look a Grant and Holly, I am amazed by their sweetness. Sometimes I just sit there in awe of how I became a mother of two with two little babes with a mind of their own. It just blows my mind how fast it is going. I can't believe Grant is already two years old, and Holly is six months old. It's crazy, that only 3 years ago on Mother's day, I was not pregnant nor knew I would be mom the following year. Now I am sitting here with two sweet little children with pieces of myself and Matthew in them. It still blows my mind that they are here in my life, and that I was apart of making them.

It's a special day today, not because it is my special day to be recognized as a mom. But more because I have reflected today on what it means to be a mom and to celebrate the love that a mother has for their child. A mother's love is unconditional. There are days that I want to pull my hair out and check in a hotel for just one night of peace and quiet. There are days that I just want to last forever, and I don't want to lose that moment of those first milestones. I have made many sacrifices as a mom, given up dairy for Holly, get cut open twice to deliver Grant and Holly, have have lost many nights of good sleep,  and my body looks like it has been through a war zone. All of these things I have done are totally worth the pain and giving up ice cream. The longer that I am a mother the more and more I appreciate my own mother and everything she has done for me. Being a mother is being selfless to your child. Being a mother doesn't stop, even on Mother's day. 

I am so thankful to have little Grant and Holly in my life. They are such sweet drops of life. They bring me joy every day. Motherhood is not easy, but totally worth all the gross poopy diapers, long nights of crying, and temper tantrums. I'm truly blessed to have these two sweetpies in my life.

Happy Mothers day to all those mothers, grandmothers, aunts, and special women who make a difference in a child's life.

I love these two so stinking much!


Thanks Mom for everything that you do! You're the best!

Comments

Popular Posts