Getting ready for Baby

I haven't written in here awhile. Things have been crazy. I can't believe I'm already 30 weeks. This pregnancy has flown by. I feel like the second pregnancy goes by faster then the first, since I already have a kid to case around.Grant has been keeping me on my toes. I've barely had time to think about getting ready for this baby. It's funny because the other day Matt asked me if I was feeling like nesting yet. Which made me laugh that he even asked me that. But honesty I haven't really had an feeling of nesting because I've been trying to prepare Grant before the baby comes, that I haven't really had time to "nest". Though we pretty much have everything for this baby, and I don't really have too much to get ready. I've been more concern about getting Grant "unbabytize". (yes I just made up a word) I really don't want to want two babies on my hand, so I am trying to get Grant out of doing the "baby" things that he does. One thing I've been working on in the last week, is transitioning him in a twin size bed. I wanted to make sure he is out of the baby bed before the baby comes, so Grant isn't like "Hey why is that baby sleeping in my bed?". I must say getting him to use his big boy bed wasn't easy. I was beginning to think it was going to be a lost cause.  He wouldn't stay in his bed and just get in and out of it. He thought his bed was for playing.Finally I realized I had to do a different tactic, and just let Grant try to sleep on his own. So I let him play with his cars in his bed, I shut the door leaving it open a little bit, and went downstairs. I realized that me being in the room trying to get him to stay in his bed, wasn't working. Now we are on night 4 of Grant sleeping in his big boy bed, and its been great. It's funny because Grant has to line his cars up against the wall of where his bed is, as if they are parking. I find his cars like this every night now when he falls asleep. I'm so happy that he is finally sleeping in his new bed!



Grant is such a big boy sleeping in his new bed!
The next thing on the list to "unbabytize" Grant is something that I'm not proud to admit Grant is still doing at 19 months. But I still need to break him from his bottle. He drinks milk and uses a sippy cup all day. But before bedtime, and even in the middle of the night, he still drinks a bottle of formula. I was breastfeeding Grant, about about 3 1/2 months ago, he no longer wanted to breastfed. I really think its because of me being pregnant, and him not liking the breastmilk. He still needed the comfort so I was bad a replaced breastfeeding with giving him a night bottle. I'm still figuring out how to transition him out of using a bottle, and I know I really need to do this before the baby comes. So that is next on my list. Other than that Grant will be ready for baby girl. (Well as ready as he can be) I'm  know he has no idea that he has a baby sister coming into his world. He does notice that my belly is getting bigger and he likes to touch my belly. Hopefully the new baby won't crush his little world too much.

The next thing on the list is convincing Matt why we need a double stroller. He thinks its apparently practical to push Grant in an umbrella and the baby in another stroller. I'm not sure how he thinks that will work if I'm by myself, but ok. I'm hoping once the baby comes he'll realize the practicality of a double stroller.

And the last thing we really need to still figure out is a baby name. Hopefully we figure one out soon. I'm getting to the point that I'm hoping maybe once the baby is born, inspiration will come to us of what to name her. We'll see. Who knew naming babies could be so hard.

Only 8-9 weeks to go. I have some pregnancy joys to write about in another blog entry. Let's say my stupid high blood pressure is back this time around. Boo.

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going. Before I know it I'll be a mother of two! :)

Comments

Popular Posts