Grant weighs 18 pounds and 13 oz. And he is 28 1/4 inches long. When he was born he was 5 pounds and 13 oz, and only 20 inches. So he has grown 13 pounds and 8 inches since he was born! Though he has grown quite a bit, he is only 25 percentile for his weight. But 55 percentile for his height. And 75 percentile for his head circumference. (It's all those brains!)
Grant is at such a fun age right now. He is babbling up a storm, he loves crawling all over the place and getting into things. He is such a ham. I love this stage. So what can Grant do right now at 9 months?
- About a month ago he started crawling. He does an army crawl. And he can move fast! The baby gate is now up. It's funny to watch him crawl, he uses mainly his left hand to drag himself.
- About 3 weeks ago, Grant started pulling himself to sit on his own.
- This past week Grant started pulling himself in the standing position. We had to lower the baby bed to the third lowest notch.
|Look at me! I'm a big boy!|
- Grant is a cheeseball, and I think he knows to smile for the camera now, because everytime I snap a picture, he gives me a big grin
- Grant can say Dadda and Dad. He says it all the time. I keep trying to get him Mamma, but no such luck.
- Grant can shake his head no when he doesn't want anymore baby food. I'm not sure where Grant learned that one from! I'm assuming at Aunt Amy's house who watches him during the day. I thought it was a fluke, that he just discovered to shake his head. But I started to notice, he only does it when he is eating, and when it's towards the end of the baby food jar.
- Grant only has 2 bottom teeth, but his two front teeth are so close to popping through! Grant has been kind of fussy because of it.
- Grant makes the funniest sounds. He likes to make raspberries when he is mad. He likes to click his tongue on the roof of his mouth, and he likes to exhale his voice, and go "Ehhhh". He does this when he gets excited. The funny part about that, is I discover is I do the same thing when I get excited. I didn't even realize it until randomly one day at work. Grant is like his mommy :)
- Grant still hates sleep, he takes quick cat naps during the day (like 15 minutes) and he usually goes to bed around nine, and wakes up around seven everyday. I never get to sleep in anymore. It's pretty sad sleeping in for me now is sleep until 8:30
- He has a fascination with dvds and cds. He somehow gets a hold of them off our tv. I can't leave any sitting on the tv stand.
|I'm not messing with anything!|
- Grant has been eating table food and he loves it. His favorite are chicken noodle soup, turkey, and spaghetti and sauce.
- Grant likes eating everything off the floor. I could sweep the floor 10 times, and he would still manage somehow to find a crumb or cat hair on the floor. I had this stage of him wanting to eat everything in site. I have to keep a close eye on him.
- Grant is already throwing temper tantrams, if I take something away from him that he isn't suppose to have.
- Grant is now in a convertable cart-seat. We got the Evenflo Trimph, and I love it.
|Happy 9 months to me!|